Friday, February 20, 2009

Photo update!

A wallaby hanging out right outside of my dorm room.

I had to wear this hat around all of O Week since I was considered a "fresher" because i'm new to the college.
These next few photos are from Billabong Animal Sanctuary where I went on Friday through the student travel agencey at the university.

The first thing we saw when we walked in was a kangaroo with a joey in her pouch! It was so cute!
We got to see a crocodile feeding too. I would never want that as my job!
For 80 cents you could buy a bag of food and feed the kangaroos. They just hopped up to you and let you pet them.
I was brave enough to hold the baby croc, but not the snake. I might look a little scared here because i'm standing about 10 feet from the snake!!
Me with another little kangaroo.
A really big kangaroo just hanging out. He reminded me of Lily!
I got to hold a wombat too! She was really heavy and not as soft as I thought she would be.
The koala was my favorite thing I got to hold. He was really soft adn so cute. He just sat in your arms like a baby!

2 comments:

bekage said...

wow. I can't believe you got to pet/feed all of those animals.
That's awesome.

Aunt Georgie said...

HI, Jen!
Sorry I'm late but it's been a tough week at work!
WOW - you sure look cute in your fashion helmet!! It should really make a statement back home...maybe on 5th Avenue???
The animals are so beautiful! Wish I could be with you! You're braver than I - crocodiles are nasty!!
Glad you're having such a great time! Keep writing!
Aunt Georgie and Uncle Honey